If you’re an Indian seller looking to start selling on Amazon US FBA, you’re in the right place. Selling on Amazon US FBA can be a lucrative opportunity for Indian sellers, but it can also be daunting to get started. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know to start selling on Amazon US FBA from India, including how to source your products, set up your account, and ship them to the US.
Before we dive into the specifics, let’s briefly review what Amazon FBA is and why it’s a great option for sellers.
What is Amazon FBA?
Amazon FBA stands for “Fulfillment by Amazon.” This service allows sellers to store their products in Amazon’s warehouses and have Amazon handle the shipping and customer service for them. When a customer orders a product, Amazon picks, packs, and ships the item for you. Amazon also handles returns and customer inquiries.
Why sell on Amazon FBA?
There are several advantages to selling on Amazon FBA, including:
- Increased visibility: When you sell on Amazon FBA, your products are eligible for Amazon Prime, which can increase visibility and sales.
- Convenience: Amazon handles the shipping and customer service for you, freeing up your time to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Trust and credibility: Amazon is a trusted and well-known brand, and customers are more likely to purchase from sellers who use FBA.
Now that we’ve covered the basics of Amazon FBA, let’s dive into the steps you need to take to start selling on Amazon US FBA from India.
Step 1: Research the US market
Before you start selling on Amazon US FBA, it’s important to do your research and understand the US market. This includes researching popular products and categories, understanding customer preferences, and analyzing your competition.
One useful tool for market research is the Amazon Best Sellers page. This page lists the top-selling products in each category, and can give you a good idea of what products are popular in the US market.
Another useful tool is Jungle Scout, which allows you to analyze Amazon data and track trends in the market. This tool can help you identify popular products, track competitors, and optimize your listings.
Step 2: Source your products
Once you’ve done your research and identified the products you want to sell, it’s time to source them. There are several ways to source products, including:
- Wholesale: You can purchase products in bulk from a manufacturer or distributor and resell them on Amazon.
- Private label: You can create your own brand and products, and have them manufactured by a third-party supplier.
- Retail arbitrage: You can buy a product at a low price in a store or online market and then sell it on Amazon at a higher price.
Step 3: Set up your Amazon seller account
The first step to selling on Amazon US FBA is to set up your seller account. You can do this by following these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Seller Central homepage and click on “Register now” to create an account.
- Fill out the required information, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Choose the type of account you want to set up. If you plan to sell more than 40 items per month, you’ll want to sign up for a Professional account. If you plan to sell less than 40 items per month, you can sign up for an Individual account.
- Once you’ve chosen your account type, fill out the rest of the required information, including your business name, address, and tax information.
- Verify your account by following the steps provided by Amazon.
Once you’ve set up your Amazon seller account, you’re ready to start selling!