Why do we need to insert a picture in Microsoft Excel?
There are several reasons why you might want to insert a picture in Microsoft Excel:
- To illustrate data or information in a visual way: Adding a picture can help make your data more understandable and impactful.
- To make your spreadsheet more visually appealing: Inserting a picture can make your spreadsheet look more professional and visually appealing.
- To provide context for your data: If your data relates to a specific place, person, or thing, you can use a picture to provide context and help people understand the data better.
- To use as a background image: You can use a picture as a background image for your spreadsheet to add some personality or branding to your work.
To insert a picture in Microsoft Excel, follow these steps:
- Open your Excel workbook and select the cell or cells where you want to insert the picture.
- Click the “Insert” tab on the ribbon.
- Click the “Picture” button and choose the picture location from This Device or Online Pictures. Online pictures will have two options. Insert image from Bing Image Search and One Drive
- In the Insert Picture dialog box, navigate to the location of the picture you want to insert and select it.
- Click the “Insert” button to insert the picture into the selected cell or cells.
- If necessary, you can resize the picture by clicking and dragging the corners or edges of the picture.
- To move the picture, click and hold on the picture, then drag it to the desired location.
- To format the picture, right-click on the picture and choose “Format Picture” from the context menu. This will open the Format Picture pane, where you can adjust the picture’s properties, such as its size, position, and appearance.